Nepali Students in New Mexico to organize a Diaspora Conference
Nepali Students Association (NeSA) at New Mexico State University (NMSU), USA is organizing its 7th international conference in March 21st, 2015, which is entitled “Strategic Partnership between Diaspora and Homeland”. Previous six international conferences organized by NeSA were highly successful in bringing the Nepali and international experts together. Diasporas of many countries have played important role in the political and socio-economic development of their homelands. However, the Nepali diaspora’s contribution is seen mainly only in remittance generation. The conference aims to debunk this view by bring scholars together from NMSU and the neighboring universities and providing them a receptive platform to showcase their scholarly contributions.
According to Rishi R. Sapkota, Conference Coordinator, Dr. Gyanu Lamichhane, Assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine will be the key-note speaker in the conference. Other notable speakers in the conference will be Dr. Doleshwor Bhandari (University of New Mexico), Dr. Ramesh Giri (University of New Mexico), Dr. Basant Giri (Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences, Nepal). Dr. William Quintana, Head, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Dr. Cornell Menking, Provost, International Border program.
Rajan Koirala, President of NeSA states that this conference is one of the biggest events among many that NeSA engages in to keep the NMSU vibrant and visible across the United States. According to the conference coordinators, students from different disciplines from several universities will present their research findings. Topics of the presentations will cover: diaspora for economic and infrastructure development; host and homeland relationship; socio-political and cultural transformation; health, science, technology and engineering; education, literacy, and population sector economics and business management.
Dr. Ram Acharya, Associate Professor at NMSU and advisor of NeSA says, “The conference will provide an opportunity to evaluate the role of diaspora in boosting trade and foreign investments, transferring knowledge, and enhancing economic development.” Another advisor Dr. Anup Amatya, Assistant professor at NMSU says “this is a perfect opportunity for emerging scholars from NMSU and beyond to exhibit their findings.” Dr. Ambika P. Adhikari of Arizona State University, the key-note conference speaker in 2014 has said: “The Nepali students at NMSU have established an excellent tradition of bringing national experts to participate in their annual conference, and adding to the research findings related to Nepal.”
The web and communication director Vijaya Kumar Pandey says the presentations in the conference will be published and disseminated.
- ‘ललिता निवास प्रकरणमा राष्ट्रपति विद्या भण्डारीमाथि पनि अभियोग’
- टेक्ससमा गोली लागि निधन भएका रमेश थापाको सहयोगार्थ गो फन्डमा खोलेको १८ घण्टा भित्र १३ हजार डलर संकलन
- टेक्ससमा गोली हानेर नेपाली रमेश थापाको हत्या
- जसलाई लाज लाग्नुपर्थ्यो, ऊ त वेसरम वन्यो
- टेक्ससमा रमेश थापालाई गोली हानी हत्या गर्ने संदिग्ध २३ बर्षिय फ्रान्सिस ओ निल गिरफ्तार
- अमेरिकाको म्याडिसनमा एनआरएनए अमेरिकाको चुनावी अन्तरकृया सम्पन्न
- गिरिजा प्रसाद कोईराला फाउन्डेशन द्वारा तेस्रो चरणको कोरोना विरूद्द खोप कार्यक्रम सम्पन्न
- नेब्रास्काको बिशाल बजारमा गोलीबारीमा दुई घाइते ,एकको अवस्था गम्भीर
- अमेरिकाको इन्डियापोलिसमा भएको गोलीकाण्डमा ८ जना मध्ये ४ जना भारतीय मूलका शिखको मृत्यु
- अमेरिकामा एकैदिनमा ७८,९३२ जना संक्रमित,१ करोड ५८ लाख कोरोना संक्रमित मुक्त