Nepali Students in New Mexico to organize a Diaspora Conference
Nepali Students Association (NeSA) at New Mexico State University (NMSU), USA is organizing its 7th international conference in March 21st, 2015, which is entitled “Strategic Partnership between Diaspora and Homeland”. Previous six international conferences organized by NeSA were highly successful in bringing the Nepali and international experts together. Diasporas of many countries have played important role in the political and socio-economic development of their homelands. However, the Nepali diaspora’s contribution is seen mainly only in remittance generation. The conference aims to debunk this view by bring scholars together from NMSU and the neighboring universities and providing them a receptive platform to showcase their scholarly contributions.
According to Rishi R. Sapkota, Conference Coordinator, Dr. Gyanu Lamichhane, Assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine will be the key-note speaker in the conference. Other notable speakers in the conference will be Dr. Doleshwor Bhandari (University of New Mexico), Dr. Ramesh Giri (University of New Mexico), Dr. Basant Giri (Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences, Nepal). Dr. William Quintana, Head, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Dr. Cornell Menking, Provost, International Border program.
Rajan Koirala, President of NeSA states that this conference is one of the biggest events among many that NeSA engages in to keep the NMSU vibrant and visible across the United States. According to the conference coordinators, students from different disciplines from several universities will present their research findings. Topics of the presentations will cover: diaspora for economic and infrastructure development; host and homeland relationship; socio-political and cultural transformation; health, science, technology and engineering; education, literacy, and population sector economics and business management.
Dr. Ram Acharya, Associate Professor at NMSU and advisor of NeSA says, “The conference will provide an opportunity to evaluate the role of diaspora in boosting trade and foreign investments, transferring knowledge, and enhancing economic development.” Another advisor Dr. Anup Amatya, Assistant professor at NMSU says “this is a perfect opportunity for emerging scholars from NMSU and beyond to exhibit their findings.” Dr. Ambika P. Adhikari of Arizona State University, the key-note conference speaker in 2014 has said: “The Nepali students at NMSU have established an excellent tradition of bringing national experts to participate in their annual conference, and adding to the research findings related to Nepal.”
The web and communication director Vijaya Kumar Pandey says the presentations in the conference will be published and disseminated.
- अस्ट्रियामा तीन नेपाली बच्चा मारिए- आमाले वकिल सामु मुख खोलिन
- गीतकार भुपेन्द्र न्यौपानेले आफ्नो छोराको लागि गायक प्रताप दासलाई गीत गाउन लगाए
- अमेरिकामा कोरोना महामारीमा नेपालीहरुको यसरी बडा दशैँ मनाए (अमेरिकाभरका विशेष तस्बिरहरु सहित )
- न्यूयोर्कको क्विन्समा रेलगाडीको ठक्करबाट नेपाली महिलाको मृत्यु
- निर्दयी नेपाली आमा द्वारा भियनामा तीन सन्तानको हत्या
- राष्ट्रकविको सम्झनामा अनेसासको कार्यक्रम
- अमेरिकामा आएको समुन्द्री आँधीबाट ६ जनाको मृत्यु ,२० लाख घरमा बिधुत बिच्छेद
- अमेरिकामा संक्रमितको संख्यामा सर्वाधिक उच्च, एकैदिनमा कोरोनाबाट ८८ हजार संक्रमित ,९७१ जनाको मृत्यु
- कलाकार सुशिला दाहालको वोष्टनमा निधन
- जि पि कोइराला फाउण्डेशन अमेरिकाले ३१ औं पटक निशुल्क दुग्धजन्य पदार्थहरू र फ्रोजन चिकेन वितरण गर्यो।