Announcement & Call for Abstracts
Announcement & Call for Abstracts
American Society of Nepalese Engineers (ASNEngr) and Computer Association of Nepal-USA (CAN-USA) cordially invite you to participate in the
2015 Joint ASNEngr/CAN-USA Conference
(8th ASNEngr Annual Conference and Meeting and 8th CAN-USA Annual Development Conference)
“Engineering, Science and Technology for the Future”
Date: July 11-12, 2015
Location: Hotel Clarion Inn
999 U.S. Route 1 South
North Brunswick, New Jersey, 08902
Abstracts Due Date: May 25, 2015
Engineers, scientists and others from closely related disciplines will gather to discuss on the recent developments in engineering, science and technology and their impact in the society. The conference will be held in Hotel Clarion Inn, North Brunswick, NJ hosted by ASNEngr.
Paper presentations are anticipated covering wide varieties of engineering, scientific and technology topics, including but not limited to, the following:
- Earthquake preparedness & disaster relief in Nepal
- Advances in infrastructure analysis, design, monitoring and sustainability.
- Engineering problems and solutions
- Application of scientific/engineering technologies into practice (knowledge share)
- Sustainability, alternative/renewable energy, clean-technology
- Global Climate Change and It’s Effects
- Information technology and its role in the society
- Robust design and construction practices
- Recent advances in research & development in engineering and technology
- Technology, youth and innovation
- Other engineering and scientific topics of interest
All who wish to present their work at the conference must submit an abstract of about 250 -500 words (one page) by May 25, 2015 online at http://www.ASNEngr.org . Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Technical Committee to determine their suitability for presentation at the Conference. Authors will be notified about status of their abstracts by June 15, 2015.
All abstracts should be prepared according to the following format:
- Provide 1” margin on all sides,
- 1st line:Type the title of presentation/paper (Arial, 14 point font, bold and centered),
- Leave one blank line below the presentation title and provide authors’ information – name, affiliation, city, state, country (use Times New Roman, 12 point font and centered),
- Leave one blank line below the last author’s information and type heading for the abstract as “ABSTRACT” (use Times New Roman, 12 point font, bold, underlined and centered), and
- Leave a blank line below the abstract heading and provide abstract text of 250 – 500 words on the rest of the page (use single space, Times New Roman, not less than 10 point font, align text to left and right margins). The abstract may include representative figures and results.
- Provide a footnote with each author’s job title, affiliation, complete address, phone number, e-mail address, and ASNEngr/CAN-USA membership grade, if any.Limit abstract to 1 page.
All accepted abstracts will be compiled in the form of the conference proceedings/book of abstracts and will be posted on the ASNEngr and CAN-USA websites. For reference, please see the proceedings of the previous years’ conferences available at http://www.ASNEngr.org or http://www.CAN-USA.org.
Tentative Program Schedule
(Subject to change)
Saturday, July 11, 2014
8:30 AM – Registration
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Conference Opening and Plenary/Keynote lecture
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Technical Sessions I & II: Technical Presentations/ Panel Discussions
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM: Lunch
1:30 PM – 6:00 PM: Technical Sessions III & IV: Technical Presentations / Panel Discussions
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM: Networking Dinner and Conference Closure
Sunday, July 12, 2014)
8:30 AM – 10:30: Annual General Membership/and Board of Directors (All attendees welcome)
12:000 Noon–Sight-seeing – New York (for those interested).
All conference attendees are required to register. Registration can be done online via ASNEngr website at http://www.ASNEngr.org. On-site registration at the conference venue will also be available.
Visit: http://www.ASNEngr.org for more information on ASNEngr and its activities.
Visit: http://www.CAN-USA.org for more information on CAN-USA and its activities.