Interactive program with: Pioneer Heart Transplant Surgeon Dr. Kumud Dhital
इनेप्लिज २०७१ फागुन २१ गते १७:०२ मा प्रकाशित
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Time: 8:00 PM EST
Conference Call Phone No. (605) 562-0020; ID: 122-152-689
Theme: Pioneering DCD Heart Transplantation
Dr. Kumud Dhital is one of the pioneers of world’s first “dead heart” transplant for the first time. He was born in Italy but his parents came from Nepal. He has earned a great deal of fame and respect for his work around the world. He is especially admired by Nepalese people for his extraordinary achievement. He has kindly agreed to share his success story via conference call with us during his brief sojourn in the US.
Please attend the conference call and please share this wonderful opportunity with those who may wish to hear from him. Currently, he is working as aConsultant Cardiothoracic & Transplant Surgeon at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, Australia. His academic qualification include BSc (1st Class Hons), BM. BCh (Oxon), FRCS (Eng.), FRCS-CTh (UK), PhD, FRACS. He has worked in the US, UK and now is working in Australia.
His additional responsibilities include Conjoint Associate Professor in Surgery- UNSW, Director of Sydney Heart Valve Bank. He serves in many important committees; Vice Chair Human Research Ethics Committee – St Vincent’s Hospital, Member Lung Advisory Committee (Transplantation Society of Australia & New Zealand) Member in NSW Transplant Advisory Committee, Member in Deceased Donor Organ Procurement Service (NSW) and member in International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation. He previously worked at Papworth Hospital NHS Trust, Cambridge, UK from 2006 –2009 and as a consultant Cardiothoracic and Transplant Surgeon, Director of Lung Transplantation.
He also worked as a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Assistant Professor of Surgery, UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre from 2003 to 2005), Director of Cardio-Pulmonary transplantation and Mechanical Assistance, Chief of Sub-Intensive Care (Step-Down Unit), IsMeTT -Mediterranean Institute for Transplantation and Advancedb Therapies, Palermo, Sicily, Italy (Affiliated to UPMC, Pittsburgh, USA). He has been invited to numerous international scientific meetings and symposia as a keynote speaker and has extensively published in many scientific journals.
Please do not miss out this important interactive session with Professor Dr. Dhital. Following his talk, he will take questions.
Nar Kaji Gurung, Ph.D., PAS, Dipl. ACAN
Associate Professor of Animal Sciences at Tuskegee University, Alabama and
Chair, Public Relations Committee, NASeA
- न्यूयोर्कको क्विन्समा रेलगाडीको ठक्करबाट नेपाली महिलाको मृत्यु
- निर्दयी नेपाली आमा द्वारा भियनामा तीन सन्तानको हत्या
- अमेरिकाका महाबाणिज्यदूत तथा बाणिज्यदूतहरुको हेरफेर,प्रेमराजा महत लगायतको कार्यकाल थप ४ बर्ष
- भर्जिनियाका बरिष्ठ बुद्धिजिबी – नेपाल सरकारका पूर्ब प्रस्ताबित राजदूत डा० सुकदेब शाहको दु:खद निधन
- गीतकार जयाराम श्रेष्ठको गीत “मेरो देश..”सार्वजनिक / गीत बारे गीतकारको भनाई
- गोमा न्यौपानेको एउटा यस्तो पुल बनोस, भिडियो गीत सार्वजनिक
- मेरिल्याण्डमा प्रहरीले मानव हत्याको प्रयास गर्ने दुई संदिग्धलाई पछ्याई गोली हान्दा एकको निधन,अर्का संदिग्ध हिरासतमा
- मेरिल्याण्डको सुलभ पसलमा गोली हानी महिलाको हत्या गर्ने संदिग्ध जर्जियामा पक्राउ
- फरक किसिमको ‘दशैं’ यो बर्ष