2015 Joint ASNEngr/CAN-USA Annual Conference
Third Call for Abstracts
American Society of Nepalese Engineers (ASNEngr) and Computer Association of Nepal-USA (CAN-
USA) cordially invite you to participate in the
2015 Joint ASNEngr/CAN-USA Annual Conference
(8th ASNEngr Annual Conference and Meeting and 8th CAN-USA Annual Development Conference)
“Engineering, Science and Technology for the Future”
This year’s conference will specifically focus on:
The effects of the recent earthquake in Nepal and preparedness for the future earthquakes.
Date: August 29-30, 2015
Location: Hotel Clarion Inn
999 U.S. Route 1 South
North Brunswick, New Jersey, 08902
Abstracts Due Date: July 10, 2015
Engineers, scientists and others from closely related disciplines will gather to discuss on the recent developments in
engineering, science and technology and their impact in the society. The conference will be held in Hotel Clarion
Inn, North Brunswick, NJ hosted by ASNEngr.
Paper presentations are anticipated covering wide varieties of engineering, scientific and technology topics.
The main focus of this year’s conference will be on various aspects related to the recent earthquake in
Nepal. Therefore, abstracts related to the earthquake, its effects, infrastructure damage assessment,
recovery, reconstruction, and preparedness for future earthquake are especially solicited and welcomed.
Other topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
Advances in infrastructure analysis, design, monitoring and sustainability.
Engineering problems and solutions
Application of scientific/engineering technologies into practice (knowledge share)
Sustainability, alternative/renewable energy, clean-technology
Global climate change and its effects
Information technology and its role in the society
Robust design and construction practices
Recent advances in research & development in engineering and technology
Technology, youth and innovation
Other engineering and scientific topics of interest
All who wish to present their work at the conference must submit an abstract of about 250 -500 words (one page)
by July 10, 2015 online at http://www.ASNEngr.org . Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference
Technical Committee to determine their suitability for presentation at the Conference. Authors will be notified about
status of their abstracts by July 29, 2015.
All abstracts should be prepared according to the following format:
1) Provide 1” margin on all sides,
2) 1st line: Type the title of presentation/paper (Arial, 14 point font, bold and centered),
3) Leave one blank line below the presentation title and provide authors’ information – name, affiliation,
4) Leave one blank line below the last author’s information and type heading for the abstract as
5) Leave a blank line below the abstract heading and provide abstract text of 250 – 500 words on the rest
6) Provide a footnote with each author’s job title, affiliation, complete address, phone number, e-mail
city, state, country (use Times New Roman, 12 point font and centered),
“ABSTRACT” (use Times New Roman, 12 point font, bold, underlined and centered), and
of the page (use single space, Times New Roman, not less than 10 point font, align text to left and right
margins). The abstract may include representative figures and results.
address, and ASNEngr/CAN-USA membership grade, if any. Limit abstract to 1 page.
All accepted abstracts will be compiled in the form of the conference proceedings/book of abstracts and will be
posted on the ASNEngr and CAN-USA websites. For reference, please see the proceedings of the previous
years’ conferences available at http://www.ASNEngr.org or http://www.CAN-USA.org.
Tentative Program Schedule(Subject to change)
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Conference Opening and Plenary/Keynote lecture
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Technical Sessions I & II: Technical Presentations/ Panel Discussions
1:30 PM – 6:00 PM: Technical Sessions III & IV: Technical Presentations / Panel Discussions
6:30 PM – 10:00 PM: Networking Dinner and Conference Closure
8:30 AM – 10:30: Annual General Membership/and Board of Directors (All attendees welcome)
12:000 Noon–Sight-seeing – New York (for those interested).
All conference attendees are required to register. Registration can be done online via ASNEngr website at
http://www.ASNEngr.org. On-site registration at the conference venue will also be available.
Visit: http://www.ASNEngr.org for more information on ASNEngr and its activities.
Conference Organizing Committee Contacts
Rajendra K. Shrestha, Ph.D. (President, ASNEngr)
ConocoPhillips Company, Houston, TX (E-mail: [email protected])
Pradeep Khanal (President, CAN-USA)
Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA (E-mail:[email protected])
Ramesh B. Malla, Ph.D. (Technical Committee Chair, ASNEngr)
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT (E-mail: [email protected])
Thakur Dhakal, P.E. (Joint Secretary, ASNEngr)
Fairfax County Government, Fairfax, VA (E-mail: [email protected])
Local Organizing Committee Chair:
Upendra Karna, D.Eng, P.E. (General Secretary, ASNEngr)
U & S Engineers, P.C. , Lambertville, NJ (E-mail: [email protected])
Visit: http://www.CAN-USA.org for more information on CAN-USA and its activities.
- अलबिदा संगीता
- हिमानी शाहलाई अमेरिकामा भव्य स्वागत (बिशेष तस्बिर र श्रब्य दृश्य सहित )
- जबसम्म समाजमा डिभोर्स गर्ने महिलाहरु बढदैनन,तब सम्म महिलाहरु प्रतिको सम्मान र अधिकार बढ्दैन
- डिसी महानगर क्षेत्रमा बसोबास गर्ने नेपाली महिला संगीता ढुंगानाको मष्तिस्क रक्तस्रावबाट निधन
- घाईते गम्भीर बिष्टलाई पचास हजार सहयोग
- न्यूयोर्कमा घरेलु घटनामा प्रहरी मारिए पछि सादा पोशाक लगाएका प्रहरी इकाई पुनर्स्थापना गरिने : नगर प्रमुख एरिक एडम्स
- नेपाली समाज लबकको बार्षिकोत्सवमा रक्तदान कार्यक्रम
- अनधिकृत रुपमा प्रवेश गरि छद्म विच्छेदक( ह्याकर)ले ३ करोड डलर क्रिप्टो मुद्रा चोरे
- युक्रेनमा ‘एउटै अतिरिक्त रुसी बल’ प्रवेश गरेमा अमेरिकाले प्रतिक्रिया दिन सुरु गर्ने :अमेरिकी विदेश मन्त्रि ब्लिन्केन
- टेक्ससको ह्युस्टन-क्षेत्रका प्रहरी सहायकलाई सवारी साधन रोकेको समयमा गोली प्रहार गर्दा निधन