Please Register by July 4, 2017
Respected NASeA Members,
As you may be aware of that the very successful two years tenure of the current NASeA ‘Executive Committee’, will be coming to end this September 2017. Three-member Election Committee lead by Saubhgya L. Shrestha together with Raja Ghale and Kiran (Ron) Sitoula has already been formed to conduct NASeA Executive Committee Election 2017-2019.
It is our immense pleasure to give continuity to the democratic processes and to conduct a free and fair election to form NASeA Executive Committee 2017-2019.
Following the guidelines of NASeA Bylaws/Article IX/ Elections 7.
“All persons nominated shall contest the election through the secret ballot. Only the dues paying members in good standing who have become members for at least sixty (60) days immediately preceding the election shall be eligible to vote.” NASeA Executive Committee has unanimously approved the following criteria adopted by NASeA Election 2017 Membership and Verification team lead by President Bimal Nepal.
Here are the guidelines of NASeA Membership 2017 and eligibility to vote and contest the election to be held on Sunday, September 3, 2017 during the 13th NASeA/ANMA Joint Convention 2017 which is to be held during Labor Day weekend i.e. September 01-03, 2017 in at the great city of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- All current NASeA Life Members including all who become Life Member by July 4th ,2017 11:59 PM EST are eligible to vote or contest the election. Be a Life Member and get special NASeA Silver Jubilee Discount. Life Member with Spouse $250 with $50 discount and Single Life Membership $175 with $25 Discount and be a proud Life Member of NASeA. Please click the link and be the life member http://naseaonline.org/?page_id=2158
- One may pay NASeA Annual membership fee of $15 by July 4th, 2017 11:59 PM EST and be an eligible member to vote or contest the election. Please click this link and be the General Members of NASeA. http://naseaonline.org/?page_id=2158
- The Full Package Registration in all categories paid to participate in the joint convention 2017 by July 4th, 2017 11:59 PM EST automatically makes one a NASeA paid up member and be an eligible member to vote or contest the election. Only registration received for one of the following package qualify:
1) Full Package for life member ($80+)
2) Adult Registration ($85+)
3) Student Registration ($65+)
4) Athletes Registration ($65+)
Please click the joint convention link and Register http://jointconvention.org/registration/
- All Full package registered participants in Joint Convention 2016 in St. Louis, MO are eligible to vote or contest the election. This official record will be obtained NASeA from ANMA within this month of June.
- NASeA encourage all its General Members to register themselves as well as immediate family members residing in the same household only.
- Any individuals registering for NASeA Yearly membership who create a Voters Bank i.e. several members registering from one source/credit card or Check will be deemed invalid. Election Committee/Members of Verification Committee reserves the rights to dispute and disqualify such members eligibility to vote. For details please read below the eligibility regarding Who Can Vote……
- Membership sent by check via postal mail service, postmarked on or before July 4th, 11.59 PM 2017 will be valid. Same thing is applicable for direct deposit too. No verbal communication is accepted on payment regarding NASeA Membership.
- Registration must be done by July 4th2017 11:59 PM Eastern Time, followingone of the above mention categories.
- Any registration received after the specified time, will NOT grant you voting privileges regardless of registration category or NASeA membership type. System date (Date/time recorded by PayPal, Database system time will be used as official proof).
- All the eligible Members/Voters from all mentioned above categories will be tabled in NASeA Website for General members to view.
- Final NASeA Membership list will be officially sent to Election Commissioners by Sunday July 9, 2017 before midnight EST for the election purposes.
With due respect let us encourage all to pre-register for the Joint NASeA/ANMA Joint convention by July 4th, 2017 11:59 EST MIDNIGHT. This will indeed provide the following extra incentives for our valued participants and members.
- NASeA Yearly Membership begins immediately and makes pre-registrants eligible to contest and vote in the coming election.
- Each registered individual will benefit in cash $25 i.e. The pre-registration fee paid will cover your NASeA $15 dollars yearly Membership due and you will save $10 for Early bird registration.
I would like to request all respected individuals, community leaders and friends of Nepalese in America to spread the news and welcome everyone to be NASeA Life Member, General Member and be the part of NASeA democratic process to elect the Executive Committee 2017-2019. Thanks in advance for everyone’s kind cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement please be advised to communicate with our General Secretary Shiva Bista, myself or any of the NASeA officers.
Always for the Nepali American Community and Friends of Nepal!
And Executive Members,
Nepalese Association in Southeast America (NASeA)
P.S. Please find below the Eligibility of Who can register?
Who can register?
Anyone with goodwill towards mission of NASeA and coming to participate in the joint convention and meet the eligibility criteria of becoming a member. During the actual voting, one must provide a proof of Government Issued ID, Passport, School/University Picture ID that has your name and address which must match with registered address will be allowed to vote.
I have wife and eligible kids who live in the same household to become NASeA Member to vote, can I register all of them using my credit card?
–> Yes you can.
I know lots of friends but they don’t have credit card and have asked me for help to register to vote can I help them?
–> No you cannot.
Unless they are your immediate family member and live in the same household, you may not register them. They have to register on themselves.
Why we are doing this?
The idea is to discourage “bulk” voter registration where whole group of people are registered using one credit card effectively practicing unhealthy habit of “vote buying” that are rampant in some other Nepali organizations. This process will ensure that genuine members of NASeA can vote which will create a transparent, healthy, competitive election environment.
- जितीया महोत्सवमा सहभागिताको लागि अनुरोध!
- अमेरिकामा पछिल्लो २४ घण्टामा कोभिड-१९ बाट २,०८७ जनाको मृत्यु, १ लाख ३७ हजार संक्रमित
- भर्जिनियाबाट नेपालीहरु पहिलोपटक ” दुई तले जम्बो जेट ” मा नेपाल प्रस्थान गर्दै
- अमेरिका नेपाल परम्परागत बौद्ध धर्म संघको ११ औ बार्षिकोत्सवमा बसुन्धरा ब्रत साधनाको आयोजना गर्ने
- ट्विटरले अंशधारी(शेयरधारक)हरुको मुद्दा सुल्झाउन ८०९.५ मिलियन डलर तिर्ने