Nepal’s first ever accessible learning platform ‘Learning Inclusion’ is officially launched.
Contact: Sagar Prasai, Diverse Patterns
Email: [email protected]
Contact: Roshan Ghimire, International Development Institute
Email: [email protected]
Learning Inclusion is an initiative of Diverse Patterns. International Development Institute (IDI) is a proud supporter and a partner of this initiative. Australia Awards Disability Initiative Grant provided financial support for the platform. Following social distancing guidelines, today we have hosted this event over Zoom and officially lunched the Nepal’s first and ever accessible E-Learning platform for inclusion.
Learning Inclusion is led by Sagar Prasai, a techpreneur and social activist. Sagar said “In today’s world, inclusive approach has become a significant part of anybody’s personal and professional life because human diversity exists. This inclusive platform strengthens people with or without disability to further embody the human diversity (disability) in the design process of their planning so that no one is left behind.” Sagar believes that courses on Learning Inclusion will be a great help for anyone who wants to stay continuously informed and upgrade their existing skills and knowledge on Diversity and Inclusion.
“Courses on Learning Inclusion are the best use of the technology to understand and enhance digital accessibility skills. It helps you accommodate the human difference and understand the importance of inclusion, says Suman Timsina, Executive Director of International Development Institute, the partner of Diverse Patterns initiative’s Learning Inclusion.
Making Documents Accessible for All – Digital Accessibility, its first ever course has been already developed and launched on the website for free. This course teaches the learners to make digital files like Document, Sheets and Presentations for all users including those with disabilities by using software like Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
Features of Learning Inclusion
- Accessible content in reference to Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG)
- Contents available both in Nepali and English
- Text as well as video contents for easy understanding.
- Captions (in Nepali and English) and Nepali Sign Language in Video.
- Relevant courses covering local and global context.
- Certification after completion.
Diverse patterns is a KATHMANDU, Nepal based company which promotes business innovations through Diversity and Inclusion. It is established with the aim of helping organizations achieve more, both in terms of revenue generation and work impact, by being able to cater the need of a diverse range of customers/beneficiaries.
International Development Institute (IDI) is a learning institute based in Washington DC. It promotes development and global understanding through knowledge transfer and exchanges. IDI provides capacity building and institutional strengthening programs through short term- courses, projects, training, workshops and study tours.
- २६ औं विश्व आदिवासी दिवसको अवसरमा फिप्नाद्वारा शुभकामना आदान-प्रदान कार्यक्रम सम्पन्न
- कोलोराडोका मालबाहक चालकले क्यान्ससमा गाडी दुर्घटना गर्दा ५ जनाको ज्यान गए पछि ५ बर्ष कैद
- बाल्टिमोरमा ठूलो ग्यास(वायुरूप)बिस्फोटन हुँदा १ महिलाको मृत्यु र अन्य घाइते
- कोरोनाको महामारीमा पनि एचडीएनपीले टेक्ससमा बृहत रुपमा घरबार बिहिनलाई खाना खुवायो
- अमेरिकामा एकैदिनमा संक्रमित हुनेको संख्या ४७ हजार,मृत्यु हुनेको संख्या ५ सय १५