Calgary Community Benefits from CPR Program
A highly successful session on cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) demonstration and Heimlich procedure was held in Calgary, Canada that benefitted a large number of Nepali community.
Organized by Global Health Committee of Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) in collaboration with NRNA-Canada and Calgary Nepali Community, the session was led by Dr. Sanjeeb Sapkota who is the chair of the Committee as well as the certified instructor of CPR and Heimlich Procedure.
The weekly Calgary Nepali Radio and its host Laxmi Lamsal Khanal broadcasted the update on the activities organized by the Global Health Committee and an interview with its chair Dr. Sanjeeb Sapkota.
Cardiac arrest cause heart to stop and the person collapses but if CPR is performed within minutes then the person’s chances of living increase many folds.
Heimlich procedure can reverse the choking and relieve a person who has his or her airway obstructed by food or other foreign substance.
The program was coordinated by Ananta Acharya the NRNA representative of Calgary and was supported by Chirinjibi Ghimire the president of NRNA-Canada, Madhav Dulal, Gaurav Poudel and Kusum Gyawali.
- नन्द गुरुंगको सहयोगमा मनांगमा राहत वितरण
- एनआरएनए अमेरिकाको नवौँ साधारण सभा डिजिटल/अनलाईन हुने ।
- ट्रम्पद्वारा चीन बिरूद्ध अभूतपूर्व कारबाही गर्ने र विश्व स्वास्थ्य संगठनबाट बाहिर निस्कने घोषणा
- डिसी क्षेत्रका २८ वटा सँस्थाले सयुक्त रुपमा अध्ययनरत बिद्यार्थी तथा नेपालीलाई एक महिनाको खाद्य सामग्री वितरण गर्दै
- एएनएसले हेरिटेज फेस्टिवल (परम्परा उत्सव)महिनालाई यसरी सम्झदै बनायो भिडियो(श्रब्य दृश्य)