UNICEF appoints Kanchan Amatya (Nepali Youth) on Global Board of Generation Unlimited
Generation Unlimited is a billion-dollar partnership hosted by UNICEF to ensure that every young person is in education, training or employment by 2030.
New York: Kanchan Amatya has been appointed by UNICEF Executive Director, Ms. Henrietta H. Fore on the Global Board of Generation Unlimited – a global partnership hosted by UNICEF to ensure that every young person is in education, training or employment by 2030. The initiative is co-chaired by UN Secretary-General Antonio Gutterres, President of the Republic of Rwanda – H.E. Mr. Paul Kagame and President of Trinidad and Tobago – H.E. Paula Mae Weekes.
Kanchan has been appointed along with Global Board members including the Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs Mr. Liu Zhenmin, Director-General of UNESCO – Ms. Audrey Azoulay, Executive Director of UNPF – Ms. Natalia Kanem, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme – UNDP – Mr. Achim Steiner, Director-General of the International Labour Organization – Mr. Guy Ryder, CEO of World Bank – Ms. Kristalina Georgieva , amongst others.
The initiative has already announced a groundbreaking billion-dollar collaboration with the World Bank on skilling and jobs for young people. “In my new role, I will be working with the Board in providing expertise, strategic direction, resources and leadership, and support the localization of Generation Unlimited and most importantly ensure Young People’s Engagement and Participation, especially young women and girls from Nepal, in the agenda, ” Kanchan said.
“I am especially excited to work with this partnership to bring programs to solve the education and vocational training crisis that is currently holding back millions of Nepalese young people and is threatening our progress and stability,” she added.
UNICEF created ‘Generation Unlimited’ with the goal of helping 1.8 billion teens and youth across the world get in school, training, or employment by 2030. Alongside UNICEF and other UN organizations, also the private sector, civil society and of course young people themselves will take up the challenge.
Kanchan will be attending the GenU Global Board meeting on Monday 23rd September during the 74th Session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
Learn more about our global team here: https://www.generationunlimited.org/who-we-are
- अमेरिकामा जिम्दो मान्छेको खोजी
- सञ्चारमन्त्री गोकुल बास्कोटाले ७० करोड कमिसनका लागि यसरी गरे सेटीङ (अडियो सहित)सार्वजनिक
- पत्रकार पौडेलको सहयोगार्थ पहिलो दिननै १ हजार ६ सय १७ डलर उठ्यो (सहयोग गर्नेहरुको तस्बिरसहित)
- मैले बुझेको ”बिषालु कार्वनमोनोअक्साइड/ थाहै नपाई शान्तसॅंग मार्ने ग्यास “
- अमेरिकामा नेपालीले ८० बर्ष भन्दा पुरानो हिराको औँठी धनीलाई फर्काई नेपालीको ईमान्दारीता यसरी देखाए
- चार्ल्स काउन्टीका १७ बर्षिय किशोरले घातक गोलीबारी गरेको आरोपमा पक्राउ
- आइतबार न्यूयोर्कमा सामुदायिक भेला
- पत्रकार पौडेलको उपचारार्थ मंगलवार सांझसम्ममा ५ हजार ६ सय ५८ डलर सहयोग संकलन
- मेरिल्याण्डमा चट्टान माथि चढ्दा चिप्लेर २२ बर्षिय युवाको मृत्यु
- अमेरिकामा नेपालीहरुले सन्चालन गरेका ब्यवसायबाट भ्रमण बर्षको प्रचार गरिंदै