Non-Resident Nepali Association National Coordination Council Virginia Chapter
Virginia Chapter of NRN NCC USA held its formal induction ceremony for its new board for the term 2019-21 today amidst the large presence of NRNA members, representatives of various local organizations, social activists and general Nepali diaspora members. Unlike traditional events that are chaired by an individual and graced by Chief guest and special guests, this program was run without any attendees being given special status. Incoming Secretary of the Virginia Chapter, Arun Bhattarai opened the program by welcoming guests.
Outgoing Chapter President Govinda Subedi presented an operational report on the prior committee’s activities that occurred during his leadership. Secretary and Treasurer of the outgoing committee also presented their reports and handed over the committee’s digital and real assets including bank checks and documents.
Krishna Bhandari, incoming President of the Chapter introduced the members of the new board and formally took over the leadership from the outgoing committee. Presenting his remarks before the audience, Krishna Bhandari expressed his commitment for a transparent, action-oriented and meaningful tenure for the next two years while Arun Bhattarai, newly sworn-in secretary of the chapter outlined the major initiatives, that intend to focus on youth-led programs to women club, and small business workshops to cultural events, not to mention the membership-drive.
Second half of the program focused on panel discussion with topic of ‘NRNA Movement, Challenges and Future Path” attended by panelists, Krishna Jivi Pantha – Regional VP of NRN NCC USA, Durga Prasad Shrestha, Board of Directors of NRN NCC USA, Rajan Tripathi, NRN ICC Member, Mukti Dawadi, the first president of NRN VA Chapter, Gopal Regmi, VA Chapter Advisor and Social Activist, and Dr. Shyam Thapa, a public health expert and NRN enthusiast. Everyone from panelists and audience opined that increasing membership to enhance the representation of Nepalese had to be the focus of NRNA movement.
Program concluded with light refreshments and informal discussion.
Non-Resident Nepali Association
National Coordination Council
- अमेरिकामा जिम्दो मान्छेको खोजी
- पत्रकार पौडेलको सहयोगार्थ पहिलो दिननै १ हजार ६ सय १७ डलर उठ्यो (सहयोग गर्नेहरुको तस्बिरसहित)
- सञ्चारमन्त्री गोकुल बास्कोटाले ७० करोड कमिसनका लागि यसरी गरे सेटीङ (अडियो सहित)सार्वजनिक
- मैले बुझेको ”बिषालु कार्वनमोनोअक्साइड/ थाहै नपाई शान्तसॅंग मार्ने ग्यास “
- अमेरिकामा नेपालीले ८० बर्ष भन्दा पुरानो हिराको औँठी धनीलाई फर्काई नेपालीको ईमान्दारीता यसरी देखाए
- चार्ल्स काउन्टीका १७ बर्षिय किशोरले घातक गोलीबारी गरेको आरोपमा पक्राउ
- आइतबार न्यूयोर्कमा सामुदायिक भेला
- पत्रकार पौडेलको उपचारार्थ मंगलवार सांझसम्ममा ५ हजार ६ सय ५८ डलर सहयोग संकलन
- मेरिल्याण्डमा चट्टान माथि चढ्दा चिप्लेर २२ बर्षिय युवाको मृत्यु
- अमेरिकामा नेपालीहरुले सन्चालन गरेका ब्यवसायबाट भ्रमण बर्षको प्रचार गरिंदै