GP Koirala Foundation America participated in the peaceful march
GP Koirala Foundation America participated in the peaceful march today , Thursday, July 25, 2019 from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at 264 Street for 2 miles on Hillside Avenue, Glen Oaks, Queens to bring awareness and to stand in solidarity to condemn the vicious, hateful and unprovoked attack on one of our own Priest. A Hindu priest was attacked as he walked down the street in Glen Oaks wearing his religious clothing.
The attacker shouted get out of our neighborhood. GPKF-America President Somnath Ghimire harshly condemned the attack and said: It’s time for us to stand together as immigrants and let people know that we are united as an immigrant community and that our voices will be heard. Mr. Ghimire appealed everyone to make our voice be heard. We are in the US, the only country of human rights in the world. We want to live here in peace and harmony. He also demanded that the culprit must be punished by the extent of the law. This peaceful rally was organized by the Unity of our different faith’s communities leaders of Queens County. More than 15 Communities’ leaders addressed this rally with their solidarity and condemning this inhumane act. Everyone demanded that culprit must be punished.
Honorary Member of GPKF-America Md. Rashid Ph.D., Former Gulmi District NC President Trailokya Sen, Swami Chakradharacharya Maharaj from Nepal, Dr. Mohammed Hack-Community Affairs Director from the Queensborough Office, Naresh Gehi Esq. Senior Lawyer, Rohan Narine-Senior Community Liason from NYC Office of the Mayor, Kevin M Morris-Queens Borough Director-from NYC Office of the Mayor, Syed Adnan Bukhari-APPAC President, Dr. Ashish Patel, Md. Arsalan-INTERFAITH President, Representative from the office of NYS Attorney General Hon. Leitta James, Akshar Patel-Chief of Staff from the office of Senator John C Liu, Pastors Richmond & Emmanuel were among participants in the peaceful march. More than 150 participants marched this peaceful rally.
Senator John C Liu addressed the peaceful march by saying that this kind of hate crimes must be stopped and everyone has their freedom of religion, freedom of expression and live in the community peacefully. It’s agonizing to think that this man of peace and spirituality … could be beaten so viciously in this wonderful neighborhood, Liu said.
- अमेरिकामा जिम्दो मान्छेको खोजी
- सञ्चारमन्त्री गोकुल बास्कोटाले ७० करोड कमिसनका लागि यसरी गरे सेटीङ (अडियो सहित)सार्वजनिक
- पत्रकार पौडेलको सहयोगार्थ पहिलो दिननै १ हजार ६ सय १७ डलर उठ्यो (सहयोग गर्नेहरुको तस्बिरसहित)
- मैले बुझेको ”बिषालु कार्वनमोनोअक्साइड/ थाहै नपाई शान्तसॅंग मार्ने ग्यास “
- जालान् त गोकुल २४ घण्टाभित्र जेल ?
- नेविसघंका पूर्व सभापति तथा पूर्व सभासद धनराज गुरुङलाई न्युयोर्कमा स्वागत
- स्व सन्तोष केसीको अन्तिम संस्कार तथा श्रद्धान्जली
- क्यान्सर पीडित पत्रकार कमल पौडेलको उपचारमा सहयोग गर्न जापानमा संचालित अभियानमा १ लाख ६८ हजार संकलन
- टेक्सस स्थित नेपलिज अमेरिकन च्याम्बर अफ कमर्सले व्यवसाय गर्न ईच्छुकलाई ३ महिने तालिम
- नेपाल भ्रमण बर्ष २०२० कार्यक्रम ओरेगनमा भब्य रुपमा सम्पन्न