Lumbini Bikas Bank partners with Khalti for digital payments (Press Release)
Lumbini Bikas Bank Partners With Khalti To Enable Digital Payment Facility To Its Customers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kathmandu, 5 July 2019
Lumbini Bikas Bank has signed an MoU with Khalti to facilitate digital payments to its customers.
Mr. Umesh Regmi, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Lumbini Bikas Bank, and Mr. Dhruba Adhikari, Director of Khalti, signed the agreement at the bank’s head office in Dillibazar on Friday, July 5.
This alliance will enable Lumbini Bikas Bank customers to load their Khalti accounts using the bank’s mobile banking app and deposit vouchers available at all 65 branches of the bank. After loading their Khalti wallet, the bank’s customers can make payment for various goods and services on the go via Khalti’s mobile app and web service.
Speaking about the agreement, Lumbini Bikas Bank’s Deputy CEO Umesh Regmi shared,
“With the advancement of technologies, we are enhancing our banking system to serve our customers better. With this tie-up with Khalti, our customers can make their everyday payments from their smartphone using Khalti. Now, we feel we have headed one step closer to making transactions digital in Nepal.”
Likewise, Khalti’s Director Dhruba Adhikari shared,
“We are glad to partner with Lumbini Bikas Bank. Now, Lumbini Bikas Bank users need not withdraw cash to pay for goods and services. They can simply pay via Khalti. The initiative would help consumers go cashless in payments and facilitate hassle-free transactions.”
Lumbini Bikas Bank Ltd. is one of the largest national level Development Bank in Nepal. The bank currently provides its services from 65 branches and 13 ATM outlets spread across the nation.
Started in January 2017, Khalti is an emerging mobile payment solution in Nepal. It provides various utility bill payment services, mobile recharge, DTH recharge, domestic flight booking, movie ticketing, event ticketing, hotel booking, newspaper subscriptions, payments at online shopping sites, and insurance premium payments among various other digital payments services. Khalti is a licensed Payment Service Provider from Nepal Rastra Bank. Currently, more than 8,00,000 people regularly use Khalti for various bill payments services.
How to download apps:
Users can download Lumbini Smart app here.
Likewise, Khalti mobile app can be downloaded from khalti.com/app.
- बिश्वप्रख्यात फोर्ब्स पत्रिका द्वारा नेपाली मूलका सिमान्त गौतम ३० बर्ष मूनिका ३० जना उधमीमा छनौट
- अमेरिका, गँजेडीहरुका गफ र यहाँको वास्तविकता !
- मेरिल्याण्डमा ‘गितान्जय ढकाल ‘ नामक युवाको निधन ,प्रहरीद्वारा आफन्तको खोजी
- न्यूयोर्कमा ट्रकको ठक्करबाट एक नेपाली बालकको मृत्यु
- युवापुस्ताको कुण्ठा कि बेसोमतीपन?
- एनआरएन अमेरिकाको नवौ सम्मेलन (AGM) कोलोराडोमा हुने
- न्युयोर्कका रिपब्लिकन दलका अमेरिकी सांसदलाई २६ महिनाको कैद
- नासाले जनगणना २०२० सफल पार्न हेल्पडेस्क संचालन गर्ने
- वाशिंगटन डिसी लगायत अमेरिकाका विभिन्न शहर तथा राज्यमा बिशाल महिला जुलुस प्रदर्शन
- मिसिगनका एक व्यक्तिले प्रयोग गरिएको गद्दा(चकडी )मा नगद ४३ हजार डलर फेला पारे ,सबै साहूलाई फिर्ता दिए