Kanchan Amatya from Nepal RECEIVES DIANA AWARD IN MEMORY OF PRINCESS OF WALES
Kanchan Amatya has been awarded with the prestigious Diana Award for social action and humanitarian work.
United Kingdom, July 2nd, 2019: Kanchan Amatya from Nepal has been granted the prestigious Princess Diana Award, which was established in the memory of Diana, Princess of Wales after her death in 1997. It is the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action and humanitarian efforts and is supported by members of the British royal family, her two sons, their royal highness the Duke of Cambridge Prince William and the Duke of Sussex Prince Harry.
Amatya has been presented with the accolade on the occasion of the late Princess Diana’s what would have been her 58th Birthday. This year The Diana Award celebrates its 20th anniversary year. The awards were given to people who have honored her legacy “through her belief in the power of young people.”As a Diana Award holder, Amatya is also presented with an invitation to Althorp House, Princess Diana’s childhood home. These invitations are gifted to Diana Award Holders in kind by Princess Diana’s brother Earl Spencer, in recognition of their continuation of Diana’s legacy.
The “exceptional young people have demonstrated their ability to inspire and mobilize their own generation to service their communities through campaigning, volunteering, fundraising, tackling bullying or overcoming extreme life challenges.” The chief executive of the Diana award Tessy Ojo says, “We know by receiving this honor they will inspire more young people to get involved in their communities and begin their own journey as active citizens.”
Kanchan’s entry on the Diana Award 2019 Roll of Honour describes her as “ a passionate anti-poverty activist, women’s rights advocate and social entrepreneur.” Amatya has been serving as a UN Women’s Global Champion for Women’s Economic Empowerment and is the founder of youth-led social enterprise, Sustainable Fish Farming Initiative, which works with rural farmers to combat extreme hunger and poverty. She has previously coordinated many humanitarian and advocacy efforts with the World Bank, United Nations, co-led the Youth Assembly at the United Nations’ Resolution Committee and worked extensively with youths, grassroots advocates, survivors of gender-based violence across continents.
Previously, William and Harry, who have both met Diana Award winners on official royal engagements, said their mother, who died in a tragic 1997 Paris car crash, would have been proud of its achievements.
Accepting the award, Kanchan said, “I am committed to inspiring and mobilizing a new generation to serve their community, creating a world where nobody is uneducated or goes hungry, even for a single day.”
Photo Courtesy: The Diana Award. Prince William and Prince Harry at the Diana Award.
- अमेरिका भित्रै लुकेका र लुकाइएका नेपालीहरूका कथा !
- नेपाली चेली कन्चन अमात्यलाई बेलायतको प्रतिष्ठित डायना पुरस्कार प्राप्त ,कन्चन पुरस्कार पाउने पहिलो नेपाली
- अमेरिकामा गण्डकी बोर्डिंग स्कूलको पूर्व विद्यार्थीहरुको संगठनले (EGBOSA-USA)अमेरिकी स्वतंत्रता दिवस मनायो
- एक नेपालीको ४९ दिन देखि भर्जिनियाको शवगृहमा बेबारिसे लाश
- मिस फिलिपिन्स युएसए २०१९ को लागि नेपालकी छोरी मिराकल चन्द सशक्त प्रतियोगी
- न्युयोर्क शहरको पहिलो लायन्स क्लव अफ कुईन्स बुद्ध ले २०१९ -२०२० का लागि नया कार्य समिति चयन
- कनेक्टिकट नेपाली समाज अमेरिकाले पहिलो पटक २०६ औं भानु जयन्ती मनायो
- टेक्सस डालसमा नेपाली बालबालिकाको लागि आध्यात्मिक शिविर
- नेपाल बसाईका क्रममा के के भने के के गरे रामप्रसाद खनालले ? हेर्नुस केही भिडियोहरु !
- नासाको अध्यक्षमा बिष्टको उम्मेदवारी घोषणा