Shangrila Development Bank Signs MoU With Khalti For Facilitating Digital Payments
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kathmandu, 20 June 2019
Shangrila Development Bank has signed an MoU with Khalti to facilitate digital payments to its customers.
Mr. Suyog Shrestha, CEO of Shangrila Development Bank, and Mr. Dhruba Adhikari, Director of Khalti, signed the agreement at the bank’s head office in Baluwatar on Thursday, June 20.
This alliance will enable Shangrila Development Bank customers to load their Khalti accounts via the bank’s mobile banking app, internet banking service, and counter deposit vouchers and make payment for various goods and services on the go via Khalti’s mobile app and web service.
Speaking about the agreement, Shangrila’s CEO Suyog Shrestha shared,
“With the advancement of technologies, we are enhancing our banking system to serve our customers better. With this tie-up with Khalti, our customers can make their everyday payments from their smartphone using Khalti. Now, we feel we have headed one step closer to making transactions digital in Nepal.”
Likewise, Khalti’s Director Dhruba Adhikari shared,
“We are glad to partner with Shangrila Development Bank. Now, Shangrila Development Bank users need not withdraw cash to pay for goods and services. They can simply pay via Khalti. The initiative would help consumers go cashless in payments and facilitate hassle-free transactions.”
Shangrila Development Bank Ltd. is one of the largest national level Development Bank in Nepal. The bank currently provides its services from 87 branches and 25 ATM outlets to more than 2.5 lakh customers throughout the nation.
Started in January 2017, Khalti is an emerging mobile payment solution in Nepal. It provides various utility bill payment services, mobile recharge, DTH recharge, domestic flight booking, movie ticketing, event ticketing, hotel booking, newspaper subscriptions, payments at online shopping sites, and insurance premium payments among various other digital payments services. Khalti is a licensed Payment Service Provider from Nepal Rastra Bank. Currently, more than 8,00,000 people regularly use Khalti for various bill payments services.
How to download apps:
Users can download Shangrila BankSmart app here.
Khalti mobile app can be downloaded from khalti.com/app
Photograph: Suyog Shrestha (left), CEO of Shangrila Development Bank signs MoU with Dhruba Adhikari (right), Director of Khalti at the bank’s head office in Baluwatar on Thursday.
- महरा–शाही प्रकरणले जसको संसार सक्कियो
- दशैका लागि छायाकार(फोटोग्राफर)राजीब श्रेष्ठले मोडल (रूपार्दश)द्वय कला न्यौपाने तथा विवेचना निरौलाका कैद गरेका अद्वितीय तस्बिरहरु
- अमेरिकामा होनहार नेपाली बिद्यार्थी ‘बिनोद नेपाल’को को गाडीको ठक्करबाट निधन, गोफन्ड संचालनमा
- सभामुख यौन प्रकरण
- अमेरिका जाने डीभी खुल्यो, राहदानी अनिवार्य !
- सार्लोटमा दशैं तिहार सांगीतिक कार्यक्रम सम्पन्न
- गैर-आवासीय नेपाली संघ राष्ट्रिय समन्वय परिषद्, अमेरिकाको प्रेस विज्ञप्ती
- एटलान्टामा कलाकारहरू सम्मानित
- फोटोग्राफर राजीव श्रेष्ठले नेब्रास्कामा सम्पन्न मिस नेपाल युएसए २०१९ को सातौ संस्करणमा कैद गरेका सुन्दर तस्बिरहरु
- डिसी क्षेत्रमा ईन्जाले विशेष कार्यक्रमको आयोजना गर्ने ,सहयोग र साथको लागि अनुरोध