BUDDHA JAYANTI (GORAKH POORNIMA)
TUSHITA-NEPAL YOGA-MEDITATION RETREATS
BUDDHA “One who perceives the true nature of life and the world and who leads others to attain enlightenment. The Buddha nature is inherent in all beings, and is characterized by the qualities of wisdom, courage, compassion and life force.” Buddhism is a religion and philosophy based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama (later Buddha meaning- the awakened one) who was born in Kapilvastu Lumbini in 567 BC. It has become one of the most popular religions in the world because of its simplicity, compassion, forgiveness and truthfulness.
Although Nepal is the birthplace of Buddha, it is not Buddhist or Hindu country but Vedic Sanatan Dharma which embraces all the religions of the world. Lord Buddha is regarded as the 10th incarnation of Narayana. Siddhartha Gautama was born in Shakya family from king Suddhodhana and Queen Mayadevi. When Queen Maya Devi was on the way to her paternal home she gave birth to the son at Lumbini. It is said the baby walked 7 steps just after the birth. Gautam was grown in comfort and luxury life that his father has arranged. He was predicted by an astrologer that Sidhartha would become a sage in future. Therefore, his father tried his best not to have any lacking and avoid his son from being hermitage. Gautam was a pleasant child but used to spend more time thinking and asking serious questions than enjoying richness of the palace. His father got worried with the nature of his son and decided to tie up conjugal life with Yasodhara so that Gautam would engage in marriage life. But instead, he became restless when he saw sick people, old man and corpse when he was out for sight-seeing. Then, he began to ponder upon eternal questions about the suffering and universal law. On a tranquil full moon night, he decided to leave the palace (luxury), family (attachment) even little sweet son ‘Rahul’ in search of truth.
He wandered many places and consulted with spiritual masters of those days, meditate in the deep jungle without food and water for several months but still could not get the truth. He realized that enlightenment is not possible with empty stomach and took rice-pudding offered by Sujata, lower caste girl. Suddenly, on a full moon day he was showered with true wisdom “The world is full of suffering, there is cause of suffering, End of desire is salvation, and Nirvana can be achieved by following eight- fold path ; right understanding, right thought, right speech, right action, right means of livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness and right meditation”.
• Full moon of Baishakh is very important for Buddhist because the three great happenings; abandon of Palace, Enlightenment and decease of Buddha was occurred on this day.
• Five elements: Fire, air, sky, earth and water (the meaning reflected in five color prayer flags flickering in Buddhist Stupas and chortens)
• Nirvana: state of salvation- free from the cycle of birth and death
• Padma Sambhava: 8th century saint, Guru Urgen Rinpoche who carried away Buddhism in Tibet. Padma Sambhava is no other that Guru Gorakshanatha appeared on lotus petal). Padma means lotus in Sanskrit language.
• Vipassana: ancient and austere Buddhist meditation practice. Look inward and find yourself “Appa Dipo Bhava (Alight yourself)” Buddhist sing Buddha Bhajan “Buddham Saranam Gachhami” which means let’s take refugee to the teachings of Lord Buddha.
Remarks: If you love Buddha, may you follow ‘Panchashila’ the five code of ethics (vegetarian life, no killing, no cheating, no gambling, no wine / whisky, no illegal love & sex). The world is suffering now just because of ‘Adharma’ (not following human duties / responsibilities). Therefore, without purifying inner and outer cosmic energy- world peace is impossible. The world needs to suffer more (war, starvation, earthquake, global warming, political chaos) for great realization. We have to see 10 America and 5 India as people are fighting for human justice. Entire world shall know Nepal clearly by 2024, one of the happiest and peaceful country in the world when Suraya Bashi Kingship (Sun atop flag) implements Gorakh law and order. Nepalese are tired of stupid leaders- so, Nepal Army (Shiva Sena) shall play vital role and handover happy moments by the end of 2076. All the beautiful souls are requested to join hands for the positive change.
- अमेरिका आएर पनि अमेरिकन जिवन बाच्न नसकेका हामी नेपाली !
- मनाससका पिज्जा पुर्याउने सुनिल न्युयोर्कमा पक्राउ
- आमाबुबाले एक्लै ह्विलचेयरमा नेपालबाट बिदेश आउने जाने गर्दा भोग्नु पर्ने पिडाहरू
- बाबुआमाको अमेरिका भ्रमण स्वर्ग वा नर्क ?
- अमेरिका आए पछि ३ शब्दहरु :कुलीन,धनाड्य तथा उच्च ओहदामा भएको ननिकाल्दा राम्रो
- तमु धी भर्जिनियाको प्रथम ग्रिष्मकालिन बनभोज कार्यक्रम भर्जिनियाको रेस्टनमा हुने
- गिरिजाप्रसाद कोइराला फाउण्डेशनद्धारा कोलम्बियाका उद्योगपतिसँग भेटवार्ता
- साहित्यकार सर्बज्ञ वाग्लेको नयाँ गीत “बिग्रीयो काँइलो जुवा र तासैले” सार्वजनिक
- न्युयोर्कमा युएस नेपाल चिल्ड्रेन ट्यालेन्ट शो जुन २९ मा
- अमेरिकाका प्रतिभाशाली नेपाली बालबालिकाहरुका लागि सुनौलो अवसर ~