Shuvayatra – An Android App For Nepali Migrant Workers – Brings Rewards System For Taking Online Courses
Shuvayatra is an Android app that provides training and education resources and financial and employment services for Nepali migrant workers. Now, users can earn rewards of fifty rupees or more by taking educational courses on the app.
19 April 2019, Kathmandu
The Shuvayatra App has unveiled a new rewards feature in its course platform catered to Nepali labor migrants. The app consists of a variety of features to help migrants make informed decisions before, during and after their migration cycle. Along with text and multimedia content, the Shuvayatra app has a mobile course section called “Sunaulo Kakshya” that provides interactive modules for self-study.
Currently the platform offers more than a dozen short courses covering foreign languages, financial literacy and other employment and migration related topics. The app has partnered with Khalti, a digital wallet and online payment service in Nepal, to allow users to earn rewards worth Rs 50 or more for completing these courses. If a user passes the final quiz, they receive a certificate and monetary coupons that they can redeem through the Khalti app. This can be spent on a range of services like mobile top-ups, utility bills, Tootle rides and others. The balance can also be sent to other users or spent at select shops without requiring a bank account or credit card.
“This is the first digital education platform in Nepal which has used a sponsorship model to reward users for taking courses,” said Meghan Nalbo, Country Representative at The Asia Foundation, Nepal.
When a person completes a course that has a reward on offer, he or she can redeem the reward by entering a valid Nepali mobile phone number. Those who are overseas can enter the phone number of a friend or relative in Nepal. To continue the sponsorship of the courses, the app has been securing partnerships with top notch financial institutions in Nepal including Himalayan Bank Limited.
Shuvayatra is a mobile app and an online platform managed by The Asia Foundation and seven partners and supported by DFID and the ILO under the Sunaulo Mauka Program and the MetLife Foundation under the Wise Money Program. Shuvayatra is implemented by The Asia Foundation with AMKAS Nepal, Bikas Udhyami, Hamro Patro, Khalti, North-South Initiative, PNCC, and Sharecast Initiative Nepal.
The courses can be availed by downloading the free Shuvayatra Android app from the Google Play Store here.
Note to Editors:
For more information on the app or the program, please contact:
Benjamin Lokshin, Senior Program Officer, The Asia Foundation
E-mail: [email protected]
- अमेरिका आउने बित्तिकै आफ्ना मान्छेलाई ७ वटा जिज्ञाशा राख्न नभुलौ
- करोडौ कमाउने देश अमेरिकामा हजारमा आँखा नलागोस
- Nepal Sambat 1140 Binhtuna and NPPA’s 28th Anniversary
- अमेरिकामा नेपाली मूलका बैज्ञानिक डा झा ‘सर्वोच्च आविष्कारक २०१९ पुरस्कारबाट सम्मानित
- अमेरिकामा बिदेशीसंग सबैकुरा ओक्लने र खोतल्ने काम गर्दा सोचेर मात्र गर्दा राम्रो
- भर्जिनियामा नेपाली काँग्रेसका नेता तथा पूर्व उप-प्रधानमन्त्री प्रकाशमान सिंह संग अन्तरक्रिया सम्पन्न
- बाल्टिमोर बाना भवनमा न्यूयोर्कको अधिकारद्वारा अस्थायी सुरक्षित दर्ता( टिपिएस) तथा आप्रवासी सम्बन्धित सूचना कार्यक्रम हुने
- न्यूयोर्कमा हुन लागेको वर्ल्ड नेपाली म्युजिक अवार्ड २०१९ भब्य बनाउने तयारी, समितिहरु गठन
- बल्ड डोनर्स अफ अमेरिका (बिडीए) को केन्द्रिय सदस्य इरा आचार्यको असामयिक निधन -भावपूर्ण श्रदान्जली
- अमेरिकाको बोष्टनमा म्हः पुजा नेपाल सम्बत ११४० कार्यक्रम सम्पन्न