Shuvayatra – An Android App For Nepali Migrant Workers – Brings Rewards System For Taking Online Courses
Shuvayatra is an Android app that provides training and education resources and financial and employment services for Nepali migrant workers. Now, users can earn rewards of fifty rupees or more by taking educational courses on the app.
19 April 2019, Kathmandu
The Shuvayatra App has unveiled a new rewards feature in its course platform catered to Nepali labor migrants. The app consists of a variety of features to help migrants make informed decisions before, during and after their migration cycle. Along with text and multimedia content, the Shuvayatra app has a mobile course section called “Sunaulo Kakshya” that provides interactive modules for self-study.
Currently the platform offers more than a dozen short courses covering foreign languages, financial literacy and other employment and migration related topics. The app has partnered with Khalti, a digital wallet and online payment service in Nepal, to allow users to earn rewards worth Rs 50 or more for completing these courses. If a user passes the final quiz, they receive a certificate and monetary coupons that they can redeem through the Khalti app. This can be spent on a range of services like mobile top-ups, utility bills, Tootle rides and others. The balance can also be sent to other users or spent at select shops without requiring a bank account or credit card.
“This is the first digital education platform in Nepal which has used a sponsorship model to reward users for taking courses,” said Meghan Nalbo, Country Representative at The Asia Foundation, Nepal.
When a person completes a course that has a reward on offer, he or she can redeem the reward by entering a valid Nepali mobile phone number. Those who are overseas can enter the phone number of a friend or relative in Nepal. To continue the sponsorship of the courses, the app has been securing partnerships with top notch financial institutions in Nepal including Himalayan Bank Limited.
Shuvayatra is a mobile app and an online platform managed by The Asia Foundation and seven partners and supported by DFID and the ILO under the Sunaulo Mauka Program and the MetLife Foundation under the Wise Money Program. Shuvayatra is implemented by The Asia Foundation with AMKAS Nepal, Bikas Udhyami, Hamro Patro, Khalti, North-South Initiative, PNCC, and Sharecast Initiative Nepal.
The courses can be availed by downloading the free Shuvayatra Android app from the Google Play Store here.
Note to Editors:
For more information on the app or the program, please contact:
Benjamin Lokshin, Senior Program Officer, The Asia Foundation
E-mail: [email protected]
- अमेरिका भित्रै लुकेका र लुकाइएका नेपालीहरूका कथा !
- नेपाली चेली कन्चन अमात्यलाई बेलायतको प्रतिष्ठित डायना पुरस्कार प्राप्त ,कन्चन पुरस्कार पाउने पहिलो नेपाली
- अमेरिकामा २ कुराहरु किन गोप्य राख्दा राम्रो
- अमेरिकामा गण्डकी बोर्डिंग स्कूलको पूर्व विद्यार्थीहरुको संगठनले (EGBOSA-USA)अमेरिकी स्वतंत्रता दिवस मनायो
- एक नेपालीको ४९ दिन देखि भर्जिनियाको शवगृहमा बेबारिसे लाश
- समाजवादी पार्टी अमेरीकातिर विस्तार
- भारत्तोलक रुप कार्की अन्तरराष्ट्रिय पावरलिफ्टिंग लिग (आईपिएल)को लागि पूर्व योग्यता (प्रि क्वालिफाई )
- बाल्टिमोरको सौन्दर्य गृह कल्पना आईब्रो थ्रेडिंगलाई तु कर्मचारीको आवश्यकता
- अमेरिका निवासी प्रदिप बज्राचार्यद्वारा नेवा:एकता अभियान अक्षय कोषलाई आर्थिक सहयोग
- ट्रम्पलाई महाभियोग लगाउने प्रस्ताव सम्बन्धि बिषयमा अमेरिकी तल्लो सदनमा बहुमत द्वारा अस्वीकृत