Memorial Day 2017: Salute to all our Fallen and Veterans!
On behalf of Nepalese Association in Southeast America (NASeA) and friends and families of American Nepalese community members in this region, please join me in saluting and paying special respect to all known and unknown uniformed men and women who sacrificed their lives to defend and unite this great nation of ours United States of America.
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day and was initiated to honor the soldiers for the Union and Confederate armies who died during the American Civil War. Celebration honoring civil war heroes’ every year after the war ended.
The establishment of a public holiday was meant to unify the celebration as a national day of remembrance instead of a holiday celebrated separately by the Union and Confederate states. By the late 19th century, the holiday became known as Memorial Day and was expanded to include the deceased veterans of all the wars fought by American forces. In 1971, Memorial Day became a federal holiday. The original national celebration of Decoration Day took place on 30 May 1868.
Today, May 29, 2017 we mark the Memorial Day with pride and as always the fallen soldiers’ sacrifices will be never forgotten! Salute to all our Fallen and Veterans!
Always for the Nepali American Community and Friends of Nepal!
And Executive Members,
Nepalese Association in Southeast America (NASeA)
Nepal’s Pride: Lord Buddha and Mt. Everest
- नेवा: गुठी न्यूयोर्कको आठौं महाधिवेशनले विजयमान सिंहलाई अध्यक्षमा निर्वाचित
- न्यू हेम्पसायर जिल्लामा ब्लड डोनर्स अफ अमेरिकाको जिल्ला कमिटि गठन!
- डिसीमा गोलीबारी हुँदा महानगरका बिशेष महिला प्रहरी अधिकारीको मृत्यु ,९ बर्षिय बालक सहित कूल ५ जनालाई गोली प्रहार
- अमेरिकामा एकै दिनमा कोभिड-१९ बाट २,०४६ जनाको मृत्यु, १ लाख ३४ हजार संक्रमित
- जितीया महोत्सवमा सहभागिताको लागि अनुरोध!