Interaction Program with Kanak Mani Dixit – Conference Call and Facebook Live
Dear Respected Nepali Community Leaders,
“Once a Nepal, Always a Nepali”
With this motto, we all Nepalis around the world are bound by a spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood supporting each other and sharing knowledge, skills, and resources. We take this opportunity to invite you to a program to share knowledge and experience from Kanak Mani Dixit, who is currently in the USA for a temporary visit.
You are cordially invited to this important interaction program with Kanak Mani Dixit, a renowned intellectual, journalist, civic activist, and social worker from Nepal. Please join this Conference Call.
Date: 05/07/2017 (Sun)
Time: (8:00-9:30) pm EST
Conf. Call Dial: (712) 432-0385
Conf. Call PIN: 139004
Facebook Live: Kanak Mani Dixit, Bishwa Subba
Moderator: Shailendra Bajracharya (Executive Vice President, NASeA)
(1) Opening remark from Bimal Nepal, NASeA President
(2) Interaction Topics
- Social Works: Spinal Injury Rehab Center (SIRC) & New Sajha Yatayat
- Civic Society: Pillar of Justice, Democracy and Rule of Law,
- Intellectual Journalism: Its Role for Sociopolitical Development
- Culture and Arts: FSA and KIMFF
(3) Closing Remark from Mohan Timilsina, NRN GA Chapter president
(1) Nepalese Association of Southeast America (NASeA)
(2) NRN USA Georgia Chapter
About Kanak Mani Dixit:
|Kanak Mani Dixit was born on January 27, 1956 in Lalitpur. He is a renowned Nepali intellectual, journalist, civic activist, social worker, and environmentalist.
As an intellectual journalist, he founded the bimonthly magazine Himal in 1987 which subsequently became Himal Southasian and also co-founded Himalmedia. As a civic activist, he played a prominent role in mobilizing Civic Society during the initial days of Jana-andolan III to bring back democracy to Nepal.
As a social worker, he founded Spinal Injury Rehabilitation Center (SIRC) at Dhulikhel, Nepal, the first of its kind in Nepal. And, he gave rebirth to the long defunct Sajha Yatayat in a new form – an eco-friendly sustainable business model.
|As a culturalist, he founded Film South Asia (FSA), an annual film festival of documentary films from South Asia. Plus, he also has a key role in supporting popular Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (KIMFF), an annual festival of mountain life documentaries from around the world.
Mr. Dixit studied at the Tri Chandra College in Kathmandu and obtained there his Bachelor of Arts in 1975. He studied at the University of Delhi, where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws. Afterwards he studied at the Columbia University, where he obtained two Master’s degrees, one in 1981 in International Relations and one year laterone in Journalism. He worked for eight years from 1982 until 1990 at the secretariat of the United Nations in New York City. He was honored with a Prince Claus Award from the Netherlands in 2009.
Please reply with your confirmation!
Thank you and regards,
Executive VP, NASeA
Chair, External Relation Committee
Bishwaman Angdembe, (678-250-5264)
VP, NRN Georgia Chapter
- म्यासाच्यूसेट्स राज्यको बोस्टनमा संचालन हुने घुम्ती कन्सुलर सेवा शिविर सम्बन्धी अत्यन्त जरुरी सूचना
- अमेरिकाको पेनसेलभेनियामा ‘दही–चिउरा’ बेबी सावर समारोहमा उपहारको बिषयमा विवाद हुँदा ३ जनालाई गोली प्रहार
- पत्रकार सूर्य थापाद्वारा टेक्ससको भिरिदिएन समुदायको संचालक समिति सदस्यमा उम्मेदवारी
- संयुक्त राष्ट्र संघ न्यूयोर्कमा आयोजना गरिने शान्तिपूर्ण प्रदर्शनमा सहभागिता जनाउन डा. गोबिन्द केसी अमेरिकामा
- इन्डियानाको अस्पतालमा कोभिड-१९ को खोप अस्विकार गर्ने १ सय २५ अंशकालिक कर्मचारीले जागिर छोडे