Shweta Punjali, Nepali Singer moves to United States from Thailand /
New York, 20 July 2016 – Shweta Punjali, a new up and coming independent singer from Nepal has moved to New York city, United States of America after spending the last four years in Bangkok, Thailand.
“Thailand was very special and close to my heart, with the support of all my friends there, I was encouraged to realize my dreams and release my first album,” said Shweta, expressing gratitude to her friends and fans in Thailand. “Now it is time for me to take the next journey in my life, it is going to be an adventure and I am looking forward to it.”
Shweta’s first album Udaan that includes songs written by master lyricist Durga Lal Shrestha and music composed by Nhyoo Bajracharya was launched in April 2015. It has been nominated for multiple awards. Udaan’s song ‘Achammai Lagyo Malai’ has been nominated for ‘Best Music’ and another song ‘Bato Heri Rahechhu’ for the ‘Best Music Video (Diaspora)’ at the 2016 Nepal Music Video Awards.
She has also been nominated as the ‘Best Newcomer’ category at the 17th Tuborg Image Awards and as the ‘Best New Talent’ at the 2016 Nepal Music Awards.
Shweta has also performed in concerts at many cities across Nepal and in Thailand.
With a promised that she will continue her musical career from the United States, Shweta added “I will be releasing some new songs very soon, I am sure that I will get the same love and warm reception that I got in when I released Udaan.”
About Shweta Punjali: Shweta has had a very long association with music and the music scene in Nepal. She was a successful contestant in the popular music reality competition Nepali Tara 2 and on the television show Bagina. She has also taken part in a number of musical programmes and performed at concerts at various locations in Nepal. Hailing from Arghakhanchi, Shweta was born in Palpa and grew up in Pokhara and Bhairahawa before moving to Kathmandu for her masters at the Kathmandu University School of Management where she met her future husband, Vibhu. They married in 2008. The couple moved to Bangkok, Thailand, in 2012 and then, in June 2016, to New York, USA. They have one son, Vivaan Ajay.
- महरा–शाही प्रकरणले जसको संसार सक्कियो
- दशैका लागि छायाकार(फोटोग्राफर)राजीब श्रेष्ठले मोडल (रूपार्दश)द्वय कला न्यौपाने तथा विवेचना निरौलाका कैद गरेका अद्वितीय तस्बिरहरु
- अमेरिकाको केन्टकीमा सवारी साधनको ठक्करबाट नेपालबाट छोरी/ज्वाई भेट्न आएका ५८ बर्षिय सापकोटाको निधन
- अमेरिकामा होनहार नेपाली बिद्यार्थी ‘बिनोद नेपाल’को को गाडीको ठक्करबाट निधन, गोफन्ड संचालनमा
- सभामुख यौन प्रकरण
- एटलान्टामा कलाकारहरू सम्मानित
- डिसी क्षेत्रमा ईन्जाले विशेष कार्यक्रमको आयोजना गर्ने ,सहयोग र साथको लागि अनुरोध
- भर्जिनियाकी सुरभी खनाल मिस नेपाल युएसए २०१९ की बिजेता घोषित
- ताजा समाचार : न्यू ओर्लिएन्समा निर्माणाधीन होटल(अतिथिगृह)भत्कदा कम्तिमा एकको मृत्युको साथै ३ जना घाइते
- डिसीमा हुने छठ पूजाको भब्य तयारी