Shweta Punjali, Nepali Singer moves to United States from Thailand /
New York, 20 July 2016 – Shweta Punjali, a new up and coming independent singer from Nepal has moved to New York city, United States of America after spending the last four years in Bangkok, Thailand.
“Thailand was very special and close to my heart, with the support of all my friends there, I was encouraged to realize my dreams and release my first album,” said Shweta, expressing gratitude to her friends and fans in Thailand. “Now it is time for me to take the next journey in my life, it is going to be an adventure and I am looking forward to it.”
Shweta’s first album Udaan that includes songs written by master lyricist Durga Lal Shrestha and music composed by Nhyoo Bajracharya was launched in April 2015. It has been nominated for multiple awards. Udaan’s song ‘Achammai Lagyo Malai’ has been nominated for ‘Best Music’ and another song ‘Bato Heri Rahechhu’ for the ‘Best Music Video (Diaspora)’ at the 2016 Nepal Music Video Awards.
She has also been nominated as the ‘Best Newcomer’ category at the 17th Tuborg Image Awards and as the ‘Best New Talent’ at the 2016 Nepal Music Awards.
Shweta has also performed in concerts at many cities across Nepal and in Thailand.
With a promised that she will continue her musical career from the United States, Shweta added “I will be releasing some new songs very soon, I am sure that I will get the same love and warm reception that I got in when I released Udaan.”
About Shweta Punjali: Shweta has had a very long association with music and the music scene in Nepal. She was a successful contestant in the popular music reality competition Nepali Tara 2 and on the television show Bagina. She has also taken part in a number of musical programmes and performed at concerts at various locations in Nepal. Hailing from Arghakhanchi, Shweta was born in Palpa and grew up in Pokhara and Bhairahawa before moving to Kathmandu for her masters at the Kathmandu University School of Management where she met her future husband, Vibhu. They married in 2008. The couple moved to Bangkok, Thailand, in 2012 and then, in June 2016, to New York, USA. They have one son, Vivaan Ajay.
- अमेरिका भित्रै लुकेका र लुकाइएका नेपालीहरूका कथा !
- नेपाली चेली कन्चन अमात्यलाई बेलायतको प्रतिष्ठित डायना पुरस्कार प्राप्त ,कन्चन पुरस्कार पाउने पहिलो नेपाली
- अमेरिकामा २ कुराहरु किन गोप्य राख्दा राम्रो
- अमेरिकामा गण्डकी बोर्डिंग स्कूलको पूर्व विद्यार्थीहरुको संगठनले (EGBOSA-USA)अमेरिकी स्वतंत्रता दिवस मनायो
- एक नेपालीको ४९ दिन देखि भर्जिनियाको शवगृहमा बेबारिसे लाश
- भारत्तोलक रुप कार्की अन्तरराष्ट्रिय पावर लिग (आईपिएल)को लागि पूर्व योग्यता (प्रि क्वालिफाई )
- बाल्टिमोरको सौन्दर्य गृह कल्पना आईब्रो थ्रेडिंगलाई तु कर्मचारीको आवश्यकता
- अमेरिका निवासी प्रदिप बज्राचार्यद्वारा नेवा:एकता अभियान अक्षय कोषलाई आर्थिक सहयोग
- राजन भुजेलको “लैजा हावा” सार्वजनिक
- अमेरिकामा सांसद निरा जैरु र जर्सी सिटी परिषद सभापति रोलान्डो लाभारो बिच विशेष भेट